Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Janelle Karras

Janelle Karras passed away peacefully March 21, 2012, at 11:16 a.m. CST after a courageous 29 year battle with MS. Our lives crossed in person for less than 2 hours, but I will be inspired by her the rest of mine. You see MS may have taken away all her ability to walk and even peck out an e-mail on her computer, but it never stopped her smile. It never destroyed her faith. It never stole the twinkle in her eyes and excitement in her voice as she shared stories about my mother when they were little girls.
See...Janelle Karras was my mom's "little" cousin.
I had heard about her my whole life, but geography limited us to only meeting once in person back in December 2010. Within minutes, Janelle lived up to my mother's hype of being an
inspiration to everyone who knew her. She was truly an amazing woman!

Even though Janelle and I spent little time together, she made and will make a big impact on my life. I hope I can do the same to others no matter the length of time we spend together.

I hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. I took care of Janelle and her husband Bill, several years ago. She was one of the most remarkable people I have ever known. I have used her story for many years to inspire others as she inspired me and everyone she met. I have no doubt she is smiling in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete