Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Janelle Karras...The Rest of the Story

I didn't ask for permission to write the rest of Janelle's story. I didn't ask because I know my mom's family. I know they don't like anyone to make a fuss over them.
But I'm going to do it anyway because the world deserves to know what they did.

Let me tell you just one of the things they did for Janelle:
Every Sunday they would bring Janelle from the nursing home out to the family farm.
He would carry her into the house.
They would enjoy the day together as if MS never existed in Janelle's body.
He would carry her out to the van.

These are the people who inspire me to keep writing greeting cards for both caregivers and patients.
These are the people who inspire me to be a better person.
These are the people who inspire me to be a better brother because the "they" and "he" up above are/is Janelle's brother Kent Haury and his wife Myrla.

Even though Janelle suffered greatly with MS, she was so blessed to have had a loving brother and sister-in-law.
They will tell you they were only doing what anyone would do in their situation.
I disagree.
What they and the millions of dedicated loving caregivers do, is extraordinary, and I will keep on blowing their cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment